Life Science Company News
Global Medical Gloves Strategic Market Report 2023-2030 with Top Glove Dominating the Multi-Billion Industry
DUBLIN, Dec. 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Medical Gloves - Global Strategic Business Report" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Medical Gloves Market to Reach $46.9 Billion by 2030
The global market for Medical Gloves estimated at US$21.8 Billion in the year 2022, is projected to reach a revised size of US$46.9 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 10.1% over the analysis period 2022-2030. Examination Gloves, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record 10.2% CAGR and reach US$39.8 Billion by the end of the analysis period. Growth in the Surgical Gloves segment is estimated at 9.1% CAGR for the next 8-year period.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a profound impact on the production and sales of medical gloves. The increased need for personal protective equipment, including gloves, led to a surge in demand. However, this increased usage also raised concerns about skin damage due to excessive glove usage and environmental issues related to the disposal of medical waste.
The pandemic also resulted in a spike in the prices of medical gloves, with average selling prices (ASP) experiencing significant growth from the second quarter of 2020 to the first quarter of 2021. In the competitive landscape of medical gloves, key competitors vie for market share, and their competitive market presence varies from strong to niche or trivial.
The global market outlook for medical gloves indicates a wider acceptance of disposable medical gloves, with surgical gloves also experiencing healthy gains. Powder-free gloves have gained popularity due to safety concerns. Hospitals and clinics remain primary end-users of disposable medical gloves.
Medical gloves come in various types, including latex and non-latex gloves, with different benefits and drawbacks associated with each. The market includes examination gloves, surgical gloves, and both powdered and powder-free gloves. In the competitive landscape of medical gloves, various world brands play a significant role in the industry's development and innovation. Recent market activity indicates the dynamic nature of this market segment.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $6.9 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 11.7% CAGR
Geographically, developed regions continue to be major revenue contributors, while developing regions are evolving into the fastest-growing markets. Malaysia leads global glove production, with top manufacturers like Top Glove, Hartalega, Kossan, and Supermax contributing significantly to the industry.
The Medical Gloves market in the U.S. is estimated at US$6.9 Billion in the year 2022. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$10.1 Billion by the year 2030 trailing a CAGR of 11.7% over the analysis period 2022 to 2030. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 8.6% and 9% respectively over the 2022-2030 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 9.1% CAGR.
- Special discussions on the global economic climate and market sentiment
- Coverage on global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence analysis across multiple geographies - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to digital archives and trademarked research platform
- Complimentary updates for one year
- Access to curated YouTube video transcripts of market sentiments shared by CEOs, domain experts and market influencers via interviews, podcasts, press statements and event keynotes
MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- An Insight into Global Rubber Gloves Market
- Innovations Drive Growth
- Select Innovations
- Focus on Hygiene & Safety Amidst the Pandemic to Fuel Demand for Disposable Medical Gloves
- Surging Demand for Disposable Gloves Amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Significance of Hand Protection in Hospitals and Laboratories Drives Demand for Medical Gloves
- Rising Number of Medical Professionals and Surgeries Drive Growth in Market
- Rising Incidence of Hospital Acquired Infections Propels Market Growth
- Leading Nosocomial Infections in the US: Percentage Breakdown of Healthcare Cost from Leading Infections
- Rising Cases of Chronic Wounds Propel Need for Medical Gloves
- Global Prevalence of Chronic Wounds by Wound Type
- Growth in Number of Surgical Procedures to Propel Demand
- Growth in the Number of Surgeries in the US (2010-2025) and 2001-2010 (in %)
- Medical Gloves Demand Benefits from the Rise in Number of Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeries
- Aesthetic Surgical Procedures Worldwide: Percentage Breakdown of Procedures by Type of Surgery for 2020
- Increasing Patient Population & Medical Tourism Propel the Market
- Growing Needs of Aging Population Spur Demand for Medical Gloves
- Global Aging Population Statistics for the 65+ Age Group in Million by Geographic Region for the Years 2019, 2025, 2035 and 2050
- Elderly Population (65+ Years) as a % of Total Population by Developed, Less Developed and Least Developed Regions: 2019 & 2030
- Improving Healthcare Expenditure Turbo Charges Demand
- World Healthcare Expenditure (In US$ Trillion) for the Years for 2017, 2019, 2021 & 2023
- Rise in Number of Diagnostic Laboratories Spurs Demand for Medical Gloves
- Trend towards Powderless Examination Gloves for Medical Use
- Latex Gloves Rapidly Lose Share to Synthetic Gloves
- Nitrile Gloves: An Effective Synthetic Alternative to Natural Rubber Latex Gloves
- Nitrile Gloves Market Witnesses Exponential Demand amid COVID-19 Crisis
- Nitrile Gloves Witness Surging Demand
- Medical Nitrile Gloves Market Endows Stellar Opportunities for Growth
- Vinyl Disposable Gloves Laced with Inherent Drawbacks
- Manufacturers of NR Latex Gloves Rise to the Challenge
- Underplayed Advantages of NRL: Hoping to Reinstate Consumer Confidence
- Surgical Gloves: Shaped by Comfort, Fit & Barrier Protection
- COVID-19-Induced Shortages of Surgical Gloves despite Capacity Expansions
- Surgical Gloves Market Posts Healthy Growth as Demand Continues Skewing Upside
- Pent-Up Elective Surgery Demand Bodes Well for Surgical Gloves
- Cumulative Surgery Cancellations Worldwide (In Million)
- Exploding Demand & Price Spree Enjoyed by Surgical Gloves to Subside Gradually
- Sustainability as Prominent Buzzword in Surgical Gloves Space
- New Surgical Gloves to Mitigate Risk of Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Popularity of Ambulatory Surgical Centers Surges Demand for Surgical Gloves
- Implementation of Double Gloving Practice Spurs Growth Opportunities
- Amidst Concerns over Environmental Pollution, Environmentally Friendly Gloves Find Favor
- Future of Powdered Gloves Precariously Hangs in Balance
- Product Variables for Commercial Success
- Managed Care Vs. Cost Concerns
- Industry Upbeat on the Technology & Innovation Front
- Hartalega Develops Non-Leaching Antimicrobial Gloves with Active Ingredient
- Technology/Product Breakthroughs in Recent Years
- Demand and Supply Dynamics
- Durability of Medical Gloves: A Key Issue
FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 229 Featured)
- AliMed, Inc.
- Abena A/S
- Angiplast Pvt., Ltd.
- Adenna, Inc.
- Adex Medical, Inc.
- Alliance Rubber Products Sdn. Bhd.
- American Healthcare Products, Inc.
- 365 Healthcare
- Akzenta International SA
- AlboLand Srl
- Amax Health Inc.
- Alsace Protection
- Amkay Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Amazing Rubber Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Amigo Surgi-care Pvt. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xzw4yh
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets